The Builders Association of the Hudson Valley Inc. was formed in 1952, when a small group of businessmen, involved in the construction business, decided to meet and share their knowledge and experiences.
The BAHV was incorporated in the mid-1960’s and has grown from that handful of leaders, to an Association of nearly 300 builder and associate members representing thousands of industry professionals throughout the Hudson Valley & Westchester.
Being advocates for ownership, in 1989, the Association purchased an 1100 sq. ft. building in Newburgh, that was totally renovated through the generosity and talents of BAHV members, and served as BAHV headquarters for 15 years.
As the Association grew, and the Board wanted to expand services and educational opportunities for members, the office in Newburgh was sold to help finance the purchase of a 4000 sq. ft. building in New Windsor. Again, the existing building needed a total make-over, which was a challenge accepted by BAHV leadership and members. The renovation, which included a 2000 sq. ft. new addition which houses our conference/training room, was completed in 2005. The generosity and talents of many of the BAHV members are visible throughout the building.
The vision of the officers and directors has allowed the Builders Association of the Hudson Valley to provide more services and programs to the membership than ever before. The conference/training room hosts a full schedule of seminars on building codes, certification programs, and more. The Kuehner/Casesa Resource Room provides reference materials and video training information. The staff and volunteers continually strive to produce programs and services to respond to the needs of member in an ever-changing market.
The Builders Association of the Hudson Valley, Inc. is proud of its history and looks forward to serving its members for many years to come.